Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Raising the Roof

February 21, 2012

Today I hiked Mount Magazine, the highest point in Arkansas!  I also did part of Cove Lake near Paris, Arkansas.  What  a beautiful area!  I had no idea there was such pristine loveliness in Arkansas.  I suppose my homesickness for Virginia has clouded my judgement and perception of this place.

Tomorrow I am hiking the East Trail of Pinnacle Mountain just outside Little Rock.  The East Trail is primitive and considered one of the toughest hikes in all of Arkansas.  I am really nervous but exited at the same time.

This afternoon, we were driving around Cove Lake which is at the bottom of Mount Magazine.  As we were going past a small stone shelter, I saw something out of the corner of my eye that made me yell, "Shhhhhhh, go back!".  Remember we're in a CAR.  So he backs up (quietly?) and just as we get back to the place I wanted to see, the "main attraction" runs away.  Here's what I saw:  There was a fluffy grey squirrel dancing on his hind legs.  Let me repeat that.  There was a fluffy grey squirrel dancing on his hind legs.  (No, I was not taking drugs.)  The squirrel looked like he was "raising the roof", I kid you not.  Like the ever elusive Bigfoot and Nellie, I could not snap a picture quite fast enough.  Sadly, he stopped his funky dance moves and skampered away.  You've just got to believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment