Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 12, 2011

Exercise

Monday and Tuesday of this week I swam in the pool for a couple of hours.  Tuesday I walked about 2 miles also.  Wednesday and Thursday I did lots of errands and didn't make it to the gym.  Today, I am going to walk about 2 miles in my new boots.  I doubt I'll go to the gym today.  Tomorrow and Sunday I am doing NOTHING AT ALL.  I want to read my library books and just fucking chill out.  Monday is the first day of *ahhhhh* (angels singing) School.  (ahhhhhhhhhhh).  Monday and Tuesday the BF is off work but Wednesday is MY DAY!  I've waited all summer to have a day to myself.  I can't wait.  I'm gonna walk around the house buck naked and eat what I want when I want, sing, play music, whatever.  I will finally be alone. 

I think that is one of the appeals of hiking the AT -- the opportunity to be ALONE and solely responsible for only yourself.  No schedules, no pressures, just walking in Nature.  Will it be difficult?  Of course, I realize that.  I'm willing to put in the blood sweat and tears just like everyone else.  But I do know I am going to enjoy being alone in the woods.  Sure I'd love to make a few good friends, but I really want to challenge myself and focus on the beauty of the outdoors.

I will sorely miss my cat. 

Okay, well time to get my walking clothes on and lace up the ole boots.

Glad you stopped by to read my randomness.

Come on back soon!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment