Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012

January 17, 2012
Monday:  Lee-Jackson Day and MLK Day.
Hi again! 
Okay, sorry I haven't been updating faithfully.  I will from now on, promise. 
I will NOT be using Trail Journals, my blog will stay right here so don't YOU go anywhere! LOL
I want to send out a HUGE round of thanks to a friend of mine, Kim Pintabona and Appleseed Camping of Washington, DC.  Kim is sending me a giant box of CAMPING GOODIES!  I urge you to go to their FB page and check them out.  Here is the link:

THANK YOU KIM!

The other good news is that I've been seen near …and even  IN the gym!  I did 2.5 miles last Thursday and 1.5 miles last Friday.  I punked out over the weekend, had beer and pizza and totally immersed myself in the NFL playoffs.  I loved it, all the teams I chose won and MY team, the New York Giants,  won their game as well.  Yippee!
On a totally different note, I want to tell you about this gem of a DVD I found at my library.  I love history with a passion and I was thrilled to see a PBS DVD called, "Colonial House".  It is basically a living history "reality show" where a group of people go to an isolated area of Maine and have to live and prosper in the year 1628.  I thought it was AWESOME.  If you like history and documentaries, you'll have to dig this one up at your library or check out www.pbs.org for more information.

I didn't go to the gym today purely because I was foul and lazy most of the day.  I'm in a rut or a funk or whatever you want to call it and it's SO HARD to pull myself out.
As you can see, I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want to get up in the mountains!
Some people say the isolation and the loneliness of the trail is hard.  I am looking forward to being alone in the mountains.  That's not to say I don't want to make friends and socialize, I do!  I just want to be alone inside my head for a while.
I am going to miss my cat SO MUCH.  I literally cry when I think about it.  I will pick him up and hold him and he'll purr in my face and I feel so bad leaving him.  I think the worst…what if he gets sick?  What if he dies?  I will feel so guilty.  I know I shouldn't think that way but it's hard.  He's been my best friend and constant companion for almost 8 years.  When I say constant I do mean constant.  Like 24/7.  I have worked from home since I've had him so I rarely go away and leave him alone.  Sigh.
Well, I DO plan on going to the gym in the morning.  Actually THIS morning!  I need to get to bed if I'm going to be worth anything later today.

That's today's update.  See ya tonight!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment